Sunday, November 1, 2009

Probably the worst Halloween ever

I knew when we didn't get our Halloween costumes together last weekend they weren't going to happen. I was going to be Joan from Mad Men and my husband was going to be Don for Tommy's cousin annual Halloween Party. Being too worried about the game Saturday, Tommy was ok with just wearing his Phillies gear. I on the other hand felt bad because I knew if I was having a themed party I would appreciate the guests wearing costumes.

I finally threw together a robe, pearls, martini glass, slippers and went as a rich old housewife. It really was mediocre but at least it looked like I tried to be something. 

So after an hour and 20 min rain delay, the World Series Game 3 got going. Started off great with a 2 run lead and then it all went down hill. I decided to trash the robe and throw on the lucky Phillies sweatshirt. Approximately three hours later I was sober, not wearing a costume and sulking about an 8-5 loss to the Yankees.

I guess there's always next year.


P.S. Our downstairs lights were off while we were getting ready for the party so only one group of kids rang the doorbell and I was in the shower at the time. So add to the list that we have 3 full bags of candy leftover.

2 comments:

  1. aww, sounds like a stinky Halloween. At least Jax didn't go nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I was happy that I didn't have to deal with Jax flipping out at every doorbell ringing. Next year I'm getting my costume in Septemeber!

    ReplyDelete