Monday, November 9, 2009

Upcoming Project...it's a secret

Well one project is a secret. Baby cousin Zoey is turning one soon and I have a project idea; I'm going to start working on it this weekend. More details to come...

Mosaic
Inspired by my emerald coasters and the fact that my Etsy site is stale I'm adding a new item, Christmas coasters. What I have in mind is four coasters with red and green tiles of glass but different patterns. These will go up on Etsy hopefully soon.

Arts and Crafts Room
Not to be outdone by my fellow crafter at papercutslikeus.com I need to give myself a kick in the butt and finish my room (which is my basement.) I need an organizational wall. I can't decide on:

a. whiteboard paint
b. chalkboard paint
c. buying a magnetic whiteboard


Will the whiteboard have marker stains? Will the chalk dust be too messy with chalkboard paint? Do I want to spend $50ish vs $20ish and buy a magnetic whiteboard big enough? I'm leaning towards chalkboard paint because it's the easiest to do...but maybe I should take that as a warning. Thoughts?


 

3 comments:

  1. since you have experience with chalkboard paint and don't hate it, i'd go with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i second the chalkboard paint. just use the fancy chalkboard markers like the ones you got for the store instead of actual chalk, cuz the real chalk does get messy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd go with chalkboard paint too, it looks cool

    ReplyDelete