Thursday, November 19, 2009

4 hours of mosaic

Finally went to the glass store (Rainbow glass in Bristol, PA) and they didn't have the right pink glass that I needed for the secret project. I was heartbroken. Regardless I substituted for light purple (hint alert) since the gift is for a baby girl.

After getting home, the husband wanted to play video games so lucky for him I had a project to work on. I headed to the arts and crafts room aka basement, put on 30 Rock Season 3 and got to work! I cut glass, used the nippers to cut them into pieces and laid out the project. I decided I wanted to add some embellishment so I stopped and will head out to Michaels today. 

NOTE: The deadline is next Friday so the sooner I get it done the better because life always gets in the way of things as you know.

Four hours later my projected was planned, started and I cut a ton of glass so that gives me a head start on new projects. Yea!

3 comments:

  1. can you teach me how to do this? Mosaics are so cool. Also, you and Laura both have the word "nipper" in your blogs, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, next time you're home let me know. I'll put you to work cutting glass. I mean teaching you to cut glass. ;)

    ReplyDelete