Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Walkin' on broken glass

Today was our first Mosaic-ing (not sure what the correct term is) lesson hosted by Robin and taught my Robin and her sister. First we had dinner, which was delish, then we moved on to the outdoors and Robin showed Erin and I how she cuts glass and breaks it with the nippers tool. That's right nippers

These pictures are the trivets me and Erin made, Robin kindle donated some glass trivets and some of her glass that she pre-cut. Mine is obviously the one with the H. It was really fun and more relaxing than scrapbooking. Those of you who scrapbook can understand how intensive it can get! Robin's sister was working on a side table but I didn't get a chance to take a pic.

Finally Robin mixed some grout and finished a vase she was previously working on using a light sand colored grout. But since grouting is our lesson for next month I'll save those pics and we will be using a charcoal colored grout, which I think will look pretty sharp with the colored tiles we chose. Hopefully, we should be making a trip to the glass store before next month's meeting!

3 comments:

  1. Have you told anyone about these blogs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you have since someone else commented on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nipper...ha!

    also, I like your slideshow. I didn't know I could do that. I will now insert one on my blog.

    ReplyDelete