Monday, June 29, 2009

Love is My Fave

Ta da! I's my first piece I created on my own start to finish. Yes, I know nothing to write home about but I cut the glass, cut the strips into pieces, laid them out, grouted and cleaned it up so that's a success in my eyes. I have charcoal grout that I felt was too dark so I mixed it with some of the white grout to create a light grey. I felt it looked better against the purple and green tile. I put a little votive candle inside so you can see how clear the purple is. I'm thinking I want to sand it down and maybe seal it, especially if it's used as a vase with water.

My first mosaic tile vase (or candle holder) woohoo! Thanks to Robin and Bonnie for their instructions.





This is vase number two. I'm using off white solid tiles on opposite sides and turquoise-ish solid tiles on the other opposite sides with white grout. I'm not a big fan of it, nothing too special but sometimes those things turn out the best so we'll see. I think it will make a decent vase.















This is my third vase I'm working on. It's going to have one letter on each side and will spell out Love and I'll be using white grout. I'm going to start experimenting with words and other shapes. My next pieces will be smaller than these vases. I don't have enough creativity yet for such large pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment