Sunday, October 25, 2009

Coasters: A Housewarming Gift

I finally got around to making these coasters for a coworker. At first I tried out these round, unadorned dollar store coasters. I made one and used green tile and green colored grout but I was not too happy with them. I realized I should just hit up the Home Depot and get regular bathroom tiles. Even though they are slightly larger than your typical coaster size, it did the trick. 



Because the coasters new home would be in a living room with hunter green couches, I purchased a dark green, opaque glass with a little bit of white swirled throughout. Since I bought sheets of glass, I made sure I cut it into mosaic size pieces right away. I opted to leave the white edge of the tile showing and use white grout. My coworker was so happy and they will be a housewarming gift for her boyfriend!



Uh, just ignore the messy table the coasters are on. I also forgot to wipe them down before I took the pics. These took be a few hours to make and I just took the pics quickly before I fell asleep. Anyone can make this gift, you can easily buy pre cut glass from Michaels, and the grout and tiles at Home Depot. I'm thinking I need a set of my own.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! They were time consuming but not complicated. I think I'm gonna make some for the house.

    ReplyDelete