Monday, July 20, 2009

Peel and Stick Appliques or

what regular people call decals. I finally put these up in my basement. I've had them for a few months now and I always do this. I buy stuff and can't commit to what I want to do with it, where it should go, etc. Tonight I decided I just need to put them up already.

These are called RoomMates DECO Peel and Stick Appliques and I bought them for around 20 dollars. The pattern is made up of several different pieces
.


The package gives you a pattern you can follow and the height and width of the entire design.



For the most part I followed it. I wanted to take up some more wall space than that design though. The cool thing is they are removable, so you can peel off and adjust them as you see fit. I think you can only peel and restick a limited number of times before the plastic gets stretched out and the stickiness wears off. So this is my basement (or soon to be studio) wall.


This is a wider angle so you can get a perspective. Yup, that's He's Just Not That Into You on the tv. I thought it was a pretty cute movie. I had it playing while I applied the decals, er appliques :)


*EDIT: wow I really massacred the title of that movie, corrected now.

3 comments:

  1. I love the colors and now I really want to see the design in person. I like how you laid them out and the basement seems to becoming a mini shrine to Monica Makes designs. You can open a little shop in your basement soon and people can come browse. I would def buy some of your vases and other work as personalized nice gifts for people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh i love decals! i have one in my guest room, but i really like this one you have in your basement. the one i had does have some problems sticking, but maybe it's just the brand. i love checking your site for creative inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @jane Yes I remember I saw yours and decided I definitely wanted to do that somewhere. Mine sticks fine but I tried to adjust it after I put it on and that was a mistake, cuz it started to stretch out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete