Monday, February 1, 2010

Oh this purse? I made it.

I made it out to Hoboken last weekend for one of my girlfriend's 30th birthday. I know what you're thinking, fancy dinner with cocktails then shots and dancing on bars to say goodbye to our 20's...but it wasn't quite like that. There was a surpise organized and it was at M. Avery Designs in Hoboken and we were making our own purses. That's right I had to sew something. 

(She was defintely surprised!)

We got to pick out which bag we wanted to make from several different patterns and we could also choose what fabrics we wanted from a large selection.
 
(black & white checkered on the outside and blue & white stripes on the inside)

 
They let us bring wine and we had cheese,crackers and grapes

I didn't give the owner my camera to take the group picture so you'll have to wait to see all of us and our finished products. I'll leave you with a picture of a newly anointed seamstress.

No comments:

Post a Comment